Hey everyone!
Well, we are all grown now; so back then (looking backwards with hand slightly cupped over my eyes in form of a wrinkled solute!>lol) What did you wanna be when you grew up? Since, we are grown we can still make it; but most likely it has changed. I wanted to be a Fireman or aDoctor, Dentist, Scientist, once a Police-man, Pilot, Astronaut, Archaeologist(if spelled right). I wanted to do soooo many things; but it all turned up to be programming.
I have the chance to do something that I actually like. Plus, I hear the pay ain't gonna be bad; if I can find a job providing the need for Oracle. But, that happens to be the largest database in the world!>lol So, after certification; and I search for what I want. Can u say traveling "every" summer?>lol I hope so; but things happen. A lot of people who go to college often end up doing something else. But, most likely; logically speakin' we going to college for one thing; and can only expect to be doing it when we get out! I use to draw on bulletins in church every sabbath; while growing up>lol I use to sit with my friends and we'd all draw. We use to have to bring crayons and stuff and draw in church. Eventually; we had to stop>lol When I got older! I wanted to draw all the time, but eveually it dwindled down. I would draw all the time, and I would think all the time! So, later on in life when I got older I started doing animation! I wanted to do claymation; but that never worked out!>lol It was fun; we tried doing Mega-Man. I got into game design which was fun, we didn't continue; but it was fun! So, I started school to do programming. I had no clue what I was gettin' myself into! But, it's exactly what I thought it would be. Thanx to a couple of computer classes; I had a foundation. So, from there it was a little easier.
But, years later; when I got deeper into my program. I met a confusing teacher; and an equally confusing class>lol SQL programming dealing with Oracle which will later be operated on Unix. My intention was to start programming/learning languages to make games. Then, I could make games and have a job for progamming. I could fund the goal for making games with the job; sell the games make some money and travel!>lol Oh well, it can still happen! My foot was slightly in the door last year when my friend asked; do u wanna make a game? I said yeah what kind; he said Star Fox, but online! This is why parents don't hype you up for your birthday!>lol They don't wanna get your hopes up; getting your hopes up and being happy seem to be from different sides of the world. Differences between wishing you'd get this or that; and happy you got this or that. Reguardless; back to the story he never pulled through. It was a hopeless dream. The code we needed to crack was impossible. So that's a goal I can forget! Back to the main goal of what I'm sayin'. I really wanted to be a scientist! I mean, every since fourth grade. But, after dealing with the science I dealt with. I realized that science is full of Darwin, and all kinds of theory's, Evolution and etc. So, I guess being what you want and being what you need; have alot to do with it.
I'm sure I can think of many sciences I can deal with so I can get back to that one goal. But, Science is real hard!>lol So, since my foot is already in the door of programming; lemme continue with it!
-javario
to be continued.....>lol
6 comments:
I wanted to be a ballerina and then I wanted to be a cardiologist then I wanted to be a OB/GYN and now I just want to graduate with a degree (Marketing/Accounting/Management). Anyway I am still not sure exactly what I want to be.
i remembered that you wanted to be an OB/GYN but i'm suprised that changed. I didn't even know you switched up in goals. That's a good goal too. But, yeah I think I know how u feel. I thought of the possiblity of being a programmer. I said what if I get a job I don't like! I was still a bit uneasy; even now! But, i'm going through with it. I hope u find what you're lookin' for..
I want to too many things to name. The suprising thing is that I am on my way to becoming all of them. A Registered Nurse, a physical trainer, and business woman. How it will all get there, I don't know. But if God gave me this dream then all I have to do is go where he leads. That goes for all of us...If God gave us a dream he did it because that what he wants for us and the only way we can get it is through him.
wow, u get to keep all of em? Sounds good, I don't think many people can honestly say they kept all of their goals. That seems really rare. So, it seems God is coarsing through you. As well as the rest of us. Because, Jailyn switched up; yet that's what she wants. I switched up and this is what I want. I feel that it's rare enough to follow through of what we want but we are doing it. I remember hearing plently of people say: i wanted to be something else. Some people are forced to follow through with jobs. Like you could have a BA in engineering and work at Taco Bell. Things happen, so I'm glad that a few of us can see our goals through.
i commented before, but i guess i erased it, lol.
anyway,
i wanted to be an architect (i'll leave that to my brother), but i dont wanna draw buildings and houses for a living (maybe i could) and i think that that will be boring. so now i'm going with what my heart loves which is Graphic Design. I want to own my own Advertising Company and be an Advertising Art Director. i will have two company's at first which will be in France and in USA. i'll live in Paris for about a year and just travel back and forth to keep my business running. then i will jumpstart my business in every other country in the world. i will be internationally known and filthy rich (lol, i dont wanna be rich just stable).
i'm gonna have a wonderful husband who loves me and will support my dream and he will go where ever i go or he will have his own thing going on. we will be madly in love and my life will just be "perfect".
(then i'll wake up...)
that's funny @ Melanie, and hey reach for dem stars>lol I'll be famous too, cause i know u! Ha ha ha>lol anyway it's a good goal!
Post a Comment