Saturday, April 08, 2006

Moral dilemna

hey,

I didn't know how hard being a Christian was! I mean, I saw something on 3ABN, and it made me think long and hard. It was a discussion group on moral dilemna's. If the time of trouble was now in exsistance: You were harboring a Christian or more than one Christian; and the officer said : you will be be okay if you don't lie, but you also don't want to give them away. What would you do? Would you lie or be killed? Or, if you had to sacrifice a life to save one would you do it? Also, whatever scenario you can come up with. When I listended I was kinda shocked. They said things that I didn't think I would hear. That, they wouldn't take a life to save one. Because it brings up that doing one sin is like doing all sins. i don't think I could kill to save a life either. But, what about the scenario about either lying or betraying your Christian family. I myself hate lies, but we kinda take them loosely in everyday life. People lie in the church just like in the rest of the world. Not saying that my pastor lies or has lied. But, I remember looking at the sermon. He quoted a text different than the one on the screen for the people wihout the Bible. He later corrected himself, and I knew he would. Because I don't think that my pastor is one to lie. The only reason the texts were mixed up was because of the mix up in texts>lol So, it also brings about another question without our Bibles when we hear things in church what exaclty should we do? My mom would write texts down and read them at home. There are soo many things I could speak on! Like, how my baptist friend use to go to church. But, he said he felt that Pastor's are liars and he doesn't want to go to church. Now, I had an oppurtunity to say something and I did. I said all pastors aren't liars. You gotta read for yourself and not beleive everything that you hear! I beleive there is a time and place for certain things. So, if he's willing one day I'll say you wanna try my church? I think it's a hard thing to invite someone who you know is strictly Baptist to a seventh-day church. I've never invited anyone to church before. Now, my mom invited a girl to church from her job she's a social worker. We were cool, and I let her meet my friends at Berean SDA and she ended up making her own. You never know what outcome you will have when doing certain things. From moral dilemna's to church invites. I alredy got my friend eating a vegatarian sub>lol So, maybe he might actually like my church. First he joked on it, said it looked funny>lol I said it's good though ( I got it from Blimpe') a year later he actually tried it and probably still buys it. Moral dilemna's. I've had many chances to try to bring things to peoples mind. Bible influence can shun people, it can also attact them. I've told a friend that he needs to stop doing the things he does. I won't get into that ; this is another friend. But, to rush and force my religion on my friends would be wrong. My friends know I don't curse, and drink, and smoke. They also know I'm a vegatarian which get's thrown in my face a few times. >lol My first statement says " I didn't know how hard it was to be a christain!" .... One day I guess when God let's me know when, I can invite people to church.

4 comments:

Mel said...

i think that its not as hard as you may think. we tend to say that its hard to be a christian because we are ALL sinners and its easier to be a sinner, think about it....

if a stranger comes to you and steps on your toe, laughs and doesn't apologize what would you do?
you wouldn't turn around and say "That was funny how you stepped on my toe. Have a Wonderful Day". you would probably mumble (or some of you would speak loudly) "Stupid Idiot!" or something worse.

its just easier to do negative because we were born in a negative world from our sinful parents and not mommy and daddy, but Adam and Eve.

now incorporating lying and being a christian during the time of trouble...

you know, you will do what you have to do because its what has to be done. think about Rahab in the bible. she wasn't a "christian" and she did what needed to be done to hide the spys. its all in whether God is convicting your heart or not.

Mel said...

ok, one more thing...

the story about bringing your friend to church was cool. keep working on your friend because sooner or later the Holy Spirit will convict his/her heart and tell them what they should do, whether he's doing it already or not, its gonna happen. when Jesus comes back your friend will be able to say "i'm in heaven because Javario allowed the Holy Spirit to use him."

see and thats your star on your crown.

ゲームの皇帝 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ゲームの皇帝 said...

I jus wanna get there... my main goal