Sunday, March 19, 2006

great sermon

Yeaah, today/yesterday was a good day. I got up fairly early, and I caught a good sermon from someone from Oakwood. Now, my memory is bad, but ya'll might know. Today was I beleive Oakwood Alumni Day or something like that at Berean. He tied two good stories together : The story of Jerhico and Sodom. I already knew that Jesus and David, and Ruth were all somehow relatives. But, he told a good story. He also started with how a poisonous snake was at a girls dorm. He took it home, and killed it, stomped on it's head. So, while he was skinning it, he said he must've hit the nerve that makes the snake's reflex to bite activate. So, the "dead" snake jumped up and bite him. He said he had two choices, cut off his only left hand; or try to save it, and risk loosing different portions of his arm. So, he realized by looking at his hand: if he sees something rush up from the womb, he'll have to cut his hand off. He said he'd do it the tool was right there. Oh, it was a good sermon>lol He said, he didn't see anthing , so he went inside and washed his hands with soap and water, then bleach, then carrosine, then gasoline>lol He ended up tying it together saying the representation of the snake was tied with Satan. Now, he said God has defeated Satan many times, and even though that snake was defeated he was still Dangerous. I got the jist and thoroughly enjoyed the sermon. There was a lot more and it was on churchpond.com but i seriously doubt it's there now.
-Javario
I'll be back with a regular blog probably tomorrow/today!
ps: shoutout's to my homey's>lol In alphabetical order: Jailyn, Kell, Krystle, Matt, Melanie, and I feel like I'm missin' someone>lol I thought it was six of us? Oh well, they'll get over it>lol bye ya'll
-Javario

3 comments:

Justwrite85 said...

What's up, Javario?!

ゲームの皇帝 said...

Hey Jailyn, well nothing. I finally got on spring break! Yay!>lol But, I've been hanging out with friends on a daily basis. Everything is cool, how about you?

Mel said...

its about time ur on spring break!!! enjoy it