Sunday, August 06, 2006

Buttons jammed!

How many people out there know that every day Satan finds ways to push buttons. This is what he so recently found: I've been late a few times for class. I also have only missed few days. To my suprise when i talk to my teacher that day I return; this is what I find: Teacher: Javario youa need to go to admissions I don't have you on my roll. Javario: what? Teacher: yeah I want you to get this taken cared of today! Not tomorrow, not 3 days from now; today! Javario; okay. Ha, but I had no clue it wasn't going to be that easy! So, I take my few belongings and walk to admissions. When I "arrive" I take a number and wait. Hmmm; this is takin' a while I think. Finally I get to speak with her; she's nice about the ordeal. I get re-dirrected to Business office; hmmm slight line; no big deal. I"m fairly caught up in work; i have like one project to finish; no big deal. I talk to woman behind glass. Lady behind glass: Ahm; Mr. Fields we can't find any financial aid for you. Javario: what? I know I applied people; because I renewed it in Spring quater. (like i'm supposed t0) Funny how buttons find a way to get jammed! It could be a brand new button; fresh from ACME; not only is it pushed but stuck there. Just like I am in this situation. I don't beleive that this is happening; but I'm trying to have a cool head. Now, I leave that day and go to my "other" counselor. Now; we make a few calls (mom and I), but no reply; she's not in yet. Soooo, what do I do? We speak to another counselor in. He helps us in a very swift time. I go back to woman behind glass; what then? I speak with her; she says come back tomorrow. The counselor i need to speak with is at lunch. Now I know a lot of the staff there; very cool people she was one of em'! Okay fast foward through time; i'm back the next day! What then? okay, hi woman behind glass here's another woman; i tell situation. Guess what ya'll? I still don't have it ( the financial aid) cool right? no! Well; I go speak back to teacher. Am I back on roll? teacher no; me : oh okay. See what i left out was that yesterday (past tense) when I tried to redo fasfa I was already in system. So, all I needed to do was redo hope grant. Well, I did everything needed. I went back Friday passed; and this time I spoke to the supervisor. Lemme tell you people this; weirdly enough since i'm cool with a few teachers I get informed on a lot. I already know her background; my school is based on (thinks of words) procedure! So, when I spoke to her I already knew who she was! She said I had already gone over my credit hours and that I didn't apply for hope anymore. But, if I could get that straightened out if I can re-apply and I had no problems make sure to put the school code on. Okay while all this sounds good on paper. Let me tell you what really happened. She's not young; not that old we are human everyone makes mistakes. She's fairly new on the job; she made a big mistake. She tried to clean up records during the school term. Doesn't sound that big right? No, well when you clean up records trying to get things straight and in order during the term. What happens? Everything in the dark comes to light! NO financial aid? Oh well u get dropped from class, no transcript from highschool? get dropped from classs. Parking ticket? u get the idea!>lol Okay so I set up the basis of what's happenin'. Lemme go deeper! If she never did that I would've never had to pay for the classes i'm taking right now. Apparently I owe about 400 plus dollars. For something hope grant/fasfa whatever should've covered. Since she cleaned the system during the school year over 100 students got dropped. Now me feeling that if I had this problem I shold've never gotten accepted in the class feels like I shouldn't pay! It's not my fault that this happens; I mean the lady was nice but that's not enough. My mom is all for me paying; but it's not near my fault. So, Friday they said my financial aid is there; hope is there. But, it's my credit hours that's too much. I can understand that. But, she said i have 102. But, through 11 quaters I only have 91. Somethings wrong; not only cause she made a big mistake but those are two different numbers. Where did both of our numbers come from? I got mine from the site; so did she. Hmmm; I just checked today, says 91 i'm a lil confussed. I'm going back Monday; my mom is willing for me to pay with my money. Thanx add to the frustration. Anyway, with all this being said; we know what's truely going on. I haven't prayed yet; but it's about time. So I hope everything goes well; because I didn't wanna waste a summer on nothing. Javario could've been traveling/working/etc! Now, if I touch the money I will go to Japan! It's that simple; I don't want to pay with my money for somone elses mistakes! That simple! If I am able to go to Japan; I wasn't going to bring a lot. But, if I am able to pay for that ... So, pray for me! I'm a lil frustrated!

No comments: